The serious world of Korean dramas

Have you ever fell that you are not into “serious” dramas?

Well, I was feeling like that before, before I felt in love with the historical Kdrama. I have been a hallyu fanatic since 2005 and I have always watched dramas that are love theme, time traveling, CSI style, fun and sometimes crazy dramas that I watch in my free time. The thing is I was never into the “serious world”.

I always believed until about a year ago that historical dramas are for ajummas and they were not romantic and so into historical facts that they were boring. The thing is now that I don’t know what the heck I was thinking of! Because historical dramas are amazing!

Historical dramas are not only showing you history, but places, clothes, food and most of the times are actually really educational if you are learning about Korean culture. They are usually in the Joseon Era (1392-1897) and commonly you can find similar names and similar stories within the historical Kdrama world but the developing of these dramas is just different and great. The production of these dramas is most of the time huge and with great and amazing actors and actress. Even though most of the time, you can find that there is more politics involved than romantic scenes the story of the drama will always keep you hanging episode by episode.


I would like to recommend you some dramas if you want to start your adventure in this fantastic historical Kdrama world.


 
The Moon Embracing The Sun

I'm in love with the main lead. This is a great drama with a great story, great young actors and actress, and great ending. This dramas was so good from head to toe and I will recommend you to watch it.
The drama will narrate the story of a young king and how faith will make him find the love of his life.
You can find this drama in Viki.com







Arang and the Magister


You will fall in love with the story and with our little ghost (Shin Min-ah). The magistrate is this wonderful chocolate bar that I love since My Girl (2005).
This is a really funny and interesting story and you can find it in Viki.com


                         





Dong Yi
This is a masterpiece. One of the best Historical dramas
I have watched and I recommend this drama a lot. Today, many dramas are based in the real story of the 19th  king of Joseon and this story is about Dong Yi who became a royal consort and the mother of the 22th King of Joseon.
After I watched this drama, I read tons of wikipedia articles about her life and the Joseon dinasty.
You can find it in Viki.com



Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 Comments: